Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Martha's Bloomers

We went to Martha's Bloomers today with bible study.  As you know I do love a good restaurant.  Have you ever been there?



It's a fun place to go with girls.  It's a gardening haven with a little tea room in the back that serves delicious chicken salad and iced tea.  We also had sample "shots" of tea in tiny tea cups with butterflies for handles.  Cute :)

I absolutely love the girls in my bible study and I will miss them so much!  Kelsey and I have been leading these girls since they were freshmen, and it has been such a blessing to learn about Philippians and then Daniel with them.  This all started because 2 girls decided to invest their time and wisdom into me and Kelsey and some other fun girls when we were freshmen and sophomores in hopes that we would learn and someday lead our own study and help more girls know Jesus more deeply in college.  Since then Kelsey and I have started our own study with three girls--Amanda, Lauren, and Kate.

We recently (almost finished!--we're going to finish over the summer) the Beth Moore study on Daniel.  I loved it.  If you want to read a book about a true man of God, and also learn a ton of crazy/awesome prophesy read Daniel!  And we loved doing it with the Beth Moore study.  I don't think I'd touched Daniel since I was in preschool learning about Daniel in the Lion's den.  Which is a really cool story, but there is so much more to his life!  He is a great example of a man who lived counter-culturally, and faced much persecution in his life because he feared the Lord.  Amazing! 

Tomorrow I will clean my room.  Deep clean.  I mean it this time.  I'm also going to find a place for my sister to live next year.  If anyone has any good College Station dorm/apartment suggestions please let me know!

love ya'll

No comments: