Monday, November 23, 2009

Feeling kinda bloggy...

Hey Ya'll!

First note- Crawf-I am so proud of you for re-starting your blog. Maybe if we do it together we will be cute, bloggy girls in no time!

Last night I made chili. It's the recipe my mom uses, and it's mostly from the recipe on the back of the chili mix, but I'm going to tell you how it's different. AND healthy. AND SOOOO easy! (Andrea this is for your marraige recipe list)

you will need:

1 lb. of ground turkey
1 can of ranch style beans (If you want to be extra spicy get the kind with jalapeƱos)
1 packet of William's Chili seasoning (or you can go to Sam's and buy a big container of it to have on hand - that's what I did because this chili is very good)
1 can of diced tomatos (I'm pretty sure mine were Hunt's)
1.5 tbs flour

Brown the ground turkey (if i were you i'd leave in the juices, but you are also free to take them out if you want to be super skinny)
Season it with the Chili seasoning, salt if desired (I always desire.)
Add tomatos and beans
Add flour
Let it simmer for about 1o minutes.

Eat. Use Frito's, rice and cheddar cheese liberally, or eat it by itself.

So easy, but you can't go wrong.

Yesterday Katie stole my new dress and wore it to church. I was kinda ticked but then I realized it wasn't that big of a deal and so I wasn't mad anymore. And then today she sent me a hot brownie from Tiff's Treats to work and I'm getting ready to go give that silly dress to her, ya'll!! She knows the quick way back into my heart!!

I was actually really busy at work today, and I am so excited that it is Thanksgiving this week because everyone at work seems to have a little pep in their step. Makes for a much happier work environment. Wednesday we are having a Maggiano's feast. Thursday I am running the turkey trot with Calli and Kyla. We are super-runners. Oh i need to make sure I have some leggings to wear. Brrr that's gonna be so fun. And then it's off to stuff myself with all kinds of yummy Thanksgiving food! Yay!

If you are reading this, I am thankful for you. Thanks for all the encouragement to keep going! I'll see how long I last, Ya'll!

Love you.




1 comment:

miche said...

i love you. please keep blogging.
-m