Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hello!

What's going on ya'll??? Is everyone getting excited for Thanksgiving because I sure am! We are having thanksgiving in Dallas for the first time in my life this year. With the exception of one magical year when we were taken on a surprise trip to Disney World by my parents when I was 15 (that was so awesome, we woke up with bags packed for Houston and went to sleep in the car and woke up at the airport to Florida--way to go Mom and Dad), it has always been tradition to spend Thanksgiving in Katy, Texas where my Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Dan live. But this year we just can't, and I'm sad about it, but...

Dad is having shoulder surgery tomorrow. He's finally reached his limit. Too much tennis playing has landed him a shoulder injury that must be fixed with surgery. It shouldn't be too complicated of a surgery and his recovery time is surprisingly fast. He should be back in the office by Tuesday!! (but we'll see about that).

Anyways, Dad's going to be out of commission, so we're staying here and having Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family on Thursday. Becky got here last night. Tonight we're having a last meal before Dad goes under the knife, tomorrow will be a festive day at work, and Thursday, well you know what happens Thursday.

Gobble gobble!

Love,
Sarah

No comments: